Doesn’t everyone want their paint job to come out like a professional did it? Of course we do! Well we can provide you with some tips we’ve gathered from professional painters to make your painting project look like perfection.
- PROTECTION – Before beginning a project, it’s important to to cover all of the furniture in the room. Take out any area rugs. Remove any unnecessary decoration or small furniture if possible. It is also a good idea to remove any light switch or outlet covers. Always use a drop cloth! Doing all of these things will ensure no paint will drip and ruin any of your personal belongings.
- PREPARATION – Preparing for the paint job is almost more important than the actual painting. Make sure you sand and spackle any imperfections on the wall. Take your time on this part, or you will regret it later.
- PRODUCTS – When selecting paint and painting accessories it is important to do your research and choose the best quality product. Sometimes going with paints, brushes, and rollers that are a little more expensive will save you money in the long run. You will be pleased with the outcome. Benjamin Moore offers a wide variety of paints and your local Aboff’s store offers the all the accessories needed for your job.
- BOX YOUR PAINT – In some cases if you are going to need a lot of paint, it is best to combine your paint into one big container so the color says consistent. It’s a better option than buying multiple gallons and chancing one is slightly off from the rest. Your local painting expert would be able to help you gauge how much paint you will need for a project.
- PAINTING – Start with a brush and do the edges and corners. Then just a simple rule of thumb, always paint from top to bottom. This will give you the opportunity to smooth out any drips along the way. When using a roller, remember you are using quality products and don’t need to put too much pressure when applying the paint.
Be sure to reach out to any of our Aboff’s painting experts in our local stores for any questions you may have!